Thursday, September 14, 2017

Ghost Boy by Martin Pistorius

★★★★★  The publisher provided a copy for review
Ghost Boy gripped me: what would it be like to be trapped inside a body that seemed dead to everyone else. The faith of Martin's parents was uplifting - and gave me hope that many more who seem unable to respond will be helped.

I was a "Candy-Striper" (volunteer nurses' aide) during my last years of high school in Canada. We sat at the bedsides of many dementia and near-comatose patients, reading and feeding them - whether or not they could respond. I think that's why this touched me so much; I watched many families tend the physical bodies and love their "missing" beloved children and parents.

The story is well-written and an encouragement to consider every human worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment